Hello Jags! Want to learn more about what Lent is, here are some interesting facts into what this religious season is all about:
- Lent is the six week period leading up to Easter
- It begins on Ash Wednesday
- Last 40 days before Easter Sunday
- Catholics commit to fasting which means that they sacrifice something during the 40 days
- Catholics must fast and abstain from meat on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday
- Catholics are not allowed to eat meat on all Fridays during Lent
- Some Catholics sacrifice their favorite food, social media, electronics, and any other item that one is addicted to.
- Lent does not only mean to sacrifice something but it allows Catholics to give such as helping the people in need, making donations, and just becoming a better person.
By Cristina Gaspar